Security Area Information
The Security Area contains the following working and research groups
- OGSA Authorization WG
- The living charter is at http://www.ggf.org/gf/group_info/charter.php?review&group=OGSA-AuthZ-WG.
- Firewall Issues RG
- Living charter at http://www.ggf.org/gf/group_info/charter.php?review&group=FI-RG.
The following activities and BoF initiatives are currently ongoing. Participation and comments are welcome and and be sent via the mailing list or wiki discussion pages:
- The groups focus will be on the drafting the roadmap for OGSA authentication technologies, documentation of existing authentication community practices, and look at the issues surrounding authentication delegation. The group and BoF is being organised and animated by Alan Sill of Texas Tech. A draft charter can be reviewed at http://www.ggf.org/gf/group_info/charter.php?review&group=OGSA-AuthN-WG, and you can join the mailing list via http://www.ogf.org/mailman/listinfo/ogsa-authn-bof/.
- Levels of Assurance activity initiative
- The activity can include discussion on how operational procedures affect LoA, how the various parameters and factors influence the overall LoA value in grid/VO environments, and come up with recommendations on how these factors can be taken into account. The purpose here is to consult, and to seek comments and feedbacks from, the communities concerned (including service providers, from e-Science, e-Business and e-Gov) on their views on the definition and applications of LoA in achieving fine-grained access control. Information on this activity is on the LoAInitiative wiki page.